UG96 is a Penta-band UMTS/HSPA module offering a maximum data rate of 7.2Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink. With the outstanding feature of fully pin-to-pin compatibility with Quectel UMTS/HSPA UG95 and GSM/GPRS M95 module, it supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE and UMTS/HSPA/HSUPA networks, which enables integrators and developers to design their applications once and truly benefit from the flexibility of worldwide coverage and service afforded by the combination of the two most prevalent cellular technologies worldwide.
With cost-effective SMT form factor of 22.5 × 26.5 × 2.2mm and highly integration level, UG96 enables integrators and developers to easily design their applications and take advantage from the module’s low power consumption and mechanical intensity. Its advanced LGA package allows fully automated manufacturing for high-volume applications.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces (USB/UART/I2C/Status Indicator/PCM) and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows CE, Linux, Android/eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as wireless POS, metering, telematics, security, industry PDA/PC and tablet.
- Worldwide UMTS/HSPA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Compact SMT form factor ideal for size-constrained applicatins
- Easy drop-in migration to GSM/GPRS module
- Super slim profile in LGA package
- High-quality data and image transmission even in harsh environment
- Fast time-to-market: Reference designs, evaluation tools and timely technical support minimize design-in time and development efforts
- Robust mounting and interfaces