UC15 is a cost effective UMTS/HSDPA module featuring a maximum data rate of 3.6Mbps downlink and 384Kbps uplink. Designed to be compatible with Quectel GSM/GPRS M10 module in the compact and unified form factor, it provides a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from GSM/GPRS/EDGE to UMTS/HSDPA. This enables integrators and developers to design their applications once and take advantage of true worldwide coverage and service flexibility afforded by the combination of the two most prevalent cellular technologies worldwide.
Its advanced LCC package allows fully automated manufacturing for high volume applications and copper-surfaced bottom design optimizes heat dissipation. The tiny profile in cost optimized SMT form factor and highly integration level enable integrators and developers to easily design their applications and truly benefit from the module’s small size, low power consumption and mechanical intensity.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces (USB/UART/ADC/NETLIGHT/PCM) and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows CE, Linux, Android/eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as automotive, metering, security, CPE and wireless POS.
- Worldwide UMTS/HSDPA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Minimal SMT form factor ideal for small end products with tight space
- High-quality data and image transmission even in hazard conditions and dark environment
- Fast time-to-market: Reference designs, evaluation tools and timely technical support minimize design-in time and development efforts
- Robust mounting and interfaces