UG95 is a cost effective and ultra-compact UMTS/HSPA module featuring a maximum data rate of 7.2Mbps downlink and 5.76Mbps uplink. Designed to be compatible with Quectel GSM/GPRS M95 module in the compact and unified form factor, it provides a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from GSM/GPRS/EDGE to UMTS/HSPA. This enables integrators and developers to design their applications once and take advantage of true worldwide coverage and service flexibility afforded by the combination of the two most prevalent cellular technologies worldwide.
The tiny profile of 19.9 × 23.6 × 2.2mm in cost optimized SMT form factor and highly integration level enable integrators and developers to easily design their applications and truly benefit from the module’s small size, low power consumption and mechanical intensity. Its advanced LGA package allows fully automated manufacturing for high-volume applications.
A rich set of Internet protocols, industry-standard interfaces (USB/UART/I2C/Status Indicator/PCM) and abundant functionalities (USB drivers for Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows CE, Linux, Android/eCall) extend the applicability of the module to a wide range of M2M applications such as handheld device, tablet, telematics, metering, security and surveillance system, and industrial PDA.
- Worldwide UMTS/HSPA and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
- Minimal SMT form factor ideal for small end products with tight space
- Seamless drop-in migration to GSM/GPRS module
- Super slim profile in LGA package
- High-quality data and image transmission even in hazard conditions and dark environment
- Fast time-to-market: Reference designs, evaluation tools and timely technical support minimize design-in time and development efforts
- Robust mounting and interfaces