Ultra-Small Dual-Band Multi-Constellation GNSS
Featuring a concurrent multi-constellation GNSS receiver on dual GNSS bands, LC79D can work on L1 and L5 bands for GPS, Galileo and QZSS satellites, L1 band for GLONASS and BeiDou satellites as well as L5 band for IRNSS satellite.
Compared with the GNSS modules working on L1 band only, LC79D greatly increases the number of satellites involved in tracking and positioning, thereby significantly reducing the multipath effect caused by tall buildings in urban environments, reducing signal acquisition time and improving positioning accuracy.
LC79D is AIS-140 compliant, and its on-board LNAs and SAW filters serve to ensure better positioning in weak signal areas and other harsh environments. The GNSS chipset using 28nm process technology, coupled with the advanced low-power management solution, enables low-power GNSS sensing and positioning determination and makes the module an ideal solution for power-sensitive and battery-powered systems.
Due to its excellent performance in improving position drift and enhancing positioning accuracy in rough urban canyons, LC79D has become a popular selection for real-time tracking systems, sharing economy applications and so on.
- Ultra-compact size: 10.1×9.7×2.4mm
- Multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, IRNSS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS
- Support dual GNSS bands (L1, L5)
- Support AGNSS
- Built-in LNA for better sensitivity
- Support SPI, UART and I2C interfaces
- Support SDK command developed by Quectel
- Support UDR (Untethered Dead Reckoning) in host mode
- Dimensions10.1 × 9.7 × 2.4mm
- WeightApprox. 0.42g
- Working ModeStandalone Mode (LC79D A)Host (LC79D B)
- Embedded FlashYes (LC79D A)No (LC79D B)
- Operation Temperature-40°C ~ +85°C
- Storage Temperature-40°C ~ +90°C
- Supported BandsGPS L1 C/A, Galileo E1, QZSS L1: 1575.42MHzGPS L5, Galileo E5a, QZSS L5: 1176.45MHzIRNSS L5: 1176.45MHzGLONASS L1: 1602.5625MHzBeiDou B1: 1561.098MHz
- Default GNSS ConstellationGPS+BeiDou+GLONASS+Galileo+QZSS+IRNSS
- Channels32 Channels
- Horizontal Position AccuracyAutonomous: <1.2m CEP
- Velocity AccuracyWithout Aid: <0.1m/s
- Acceleration AccuracyWithout Aid: <0.1m/s²
- TTFF (with AGNSS)Cold Start: <5s
- TTFF (without AGNSS)Cold Start: <34sWarm Start: <30sHot Start: <2s
- SensitivityAcquisition: -147dBmTracking: -163dBmReacquisition: -158dBm
- Dynamic PerformanceMaximum Altitude: Max 18000mMaximum Velocity: Max 515m/sMaximum Acceleration: 4g
- SPI InterfaceMultiplexed from UART (LC79D A)Up to 50MHz (LC79D B)
- I2C Interface*Yes
- UART InterfaceAdjustable: 115200bps~921600bpsDefault: 115200bpsMultiplexed from SPI (LC79D B)
- I/O VoltageTypical 1.8V
- ProtocolsNMEA 0183
External Antenna Interface
- Antenna TypePassive or Active
- Antenna Power SupplyExternal or Internal (through VCC_RF)
- Supply Voltage Range1.7V~1.9V, Typical 1.8V
- Current Consumption (@1.8V)Normal Operation: 47mA @Acquisition/43mA @TrackingPower Saving Modes: 200μA @Sleep Mode/17μA @Standby Mode
- * Under development
Quectel has announced a dual band high precision positioning module based on the Broadcom BCM47755 chipset
Shanghai, Oct 29, 2019 – Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., the leading global supplier of cellular and GNSS modules, announced today that Quectel LC79D has entered into mass ...
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...