Long Range Radio Module
The iM980A-L is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 915 MHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M3 controller with the new LoRa™ transceiver SX1272 of Semtech Corporation. A sensitivity of down to -137.5 dBm and a maximum output power of +17.5 dBm results in a link budget of more than 155 dB. The iM980A has received Federal Communications Commission (FCC) CFR47 Telecommunications, Part 15 Subpart C modular approval in accordance with Part 15.212 Modular Transmitter Statement about FCC.
The LoRaWAN protocol stack, specified by the LoRa Alliance, is based on IBM’s LMiC and IMST’s WiMOD-OS. It enables Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) for Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to Machine (M2M) applications and supports Direct or Over The Air Activation (OTAA). It comes with the WiMOD LoRaWAN™ HCI interface and allows easy configuration. Please refer to the download section.
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities
- Frequency range:ISM Band 902 to 928 MHz
- Modulation:LoRa™ Spread-Spectrum
- Receiver sensitivity:-137.5 dBm (SF 12; SB 125 kHz, CR 4/6)-134 dBm (SF 12; SB 250 kHz, CR 4/6)-128 dBm (SF 12; SB 500 kHz, CR 4/6)
- RF output power:up to +19 dBm (50Ω pad)
- RF datarate:0.980 to 12.5 kbps
- RF range:up to 15000 m (line of sight)
- Operating voltage:2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Current consumption:< 1.8 μA (module in sleep, RTC running)13 mA (Rx)122 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +20 dBm)
- Interfaces:UARTSPI*I²C*RF (LoRa™)
- IO's:Digital IOsAnalog Inputs
- Dimension (LxWxH):20 x 25 x 3.3 mm
- Operating temperature:-40°C to +85°C
- Certification:The module complies with Part 15 of the FCC RulesLoRaWAN certified
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|iM980A Datasheet V1.1||(720.7 KB)|
|LoRaWAN Certification Certificate - IMST GmbH iM980A||(381.4 KB)|
|LoRaWAN GitHubCode QuickStartGuide||(1.4 MB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem Feature Spec V2.4||(590.1 KB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem HCI Spec V1.22||(985.9 KB)|
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
Quectel has announced a dual band high precision positioning module based on the Broadcom BCM47755 chipset
Shanghai, Oct 29, 2019 – Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., the leading global supplier of cellular and GNSS modules, announced today that Quectel LC79D has entered into mass ...
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...