Long Range Radio Module
The iM980A-L is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 915 MHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M3 controller with the new LoRa™ transceiver SX1272 of Semtech Corporation. A sensitivity of down to -137.5 dBm and a maximum output power of +17.5 dBm results in a link budget of more than 155 dB. The iM980A has received Federal Communications Commission (FCC) CFR47 Telecommunications, Part 15 Subpart C modular approval in accordance with Part 15.212 Modular Transmitter Statement about FCC.
The LoRaWAN protocol stack, specified by the LoRa Alliance, is based on IBM’s LMiC and IMST’s WiMOD-OS. It enables Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) for Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to Machine (M2M) applications and supports Direct or Over The Air Activation (OTAA). It comes with the WiMOD LoRaWAN™ HCI interface and allows easy configuration. Please refer to the download section.
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities
- Frequency range:ISM Band 902 to 928 MHz
- Modulation:LoRa™ Spread-Spectrum
- Receiver sensitivity:-137.5 dBm (SF 12; SB 125 kHz, CR 4/6)-134 dBm (SF 12; SB 250 kHz, CR 4/6)-128 dBm (SF 12; SB 500 kHz, CR 4/6)
- RF output power:up to +19 dBm (50Ω pad)
- RF datarate:0.980 to 12.5 kbps
- RF range:up to 15000 m (line of sight)
- Operating voltage:2.4 V to 3.6 V
- Current consumption:< 1.8 μA (module in sleep, RTC running)13 mA (Rx)122 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +20 dBm)
- Interfaces:UARTSPI*I²C*RF (LoRa™)
- IO's:Digital IOsAnalog Inputs
- Dimension (LxWxH):20 x 25 x 3.3 mm
- Operating temperature:-40°C to +85°C
- Certification:The module complies with Part 15 of the FCC RulesLoRaWAN certified
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|iM980A Datasheet V1.1||(720.7 KB)|
|LoRaWAN Certification Certificate - IMST GmbH iM980A||(381.4 KB)|
|LoRaWAN GitHubCode QuickStartGuide||(1.4 MB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem Feature Spec V2.4||(590.1 KB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem HCI Spec V1.22||(985.9 KB)|
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...
Quectel Launches Automotive-grade AG35 Module (IATF 16949 Certification)
AG35 is a series of automotive grade LTE category 4 module developed by Quectel. Designed and manufactured according to IATF 16949:2016 quality management system, it is targeted ...