Long Range Radio Module
The iM881A-M is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 868 MHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M0 controller with the new LoRa® transceiver SX1272 of Semtech Corporation. It has been specifically designed for battery driven devices. It consumes 40 mA in transmit with the maximum output power of +14dBm. Combined with an excellent sensitivity of down to -138 dBm a range of 12 km can be achieved in free space environment. The iM881A-M is pre-certified according the European R & TTE guideline and can be soldered like an SMD component. iM881A-M passed the Orange device interoperability test. This test validates the performance of the iM881A-M in the Orange public LoRaWAN® network environment.
The iM881A-M can be ordered with a pre-programmed embedded protocol stack in two options:
- iM881A-M LR Base:This WiMOD LR (Long Range) Base firmware is a collection of functionalities and applications like Radio Link Test, Sensor App., Data Link Service, etc. embedded in our powerful WiMOD OS operating system. It does not include any LoRaWAN® functionalities. The WiMOD LR HCI interface provides to the user direct access to many radio parameters. Please refer to the download section.
- iM881A-M LoRaWAN:The LoRaWAN® protocol stack, specified by the LoRa Alliance, is based on IBM’s LMiC and IMST’s WiMOD-OS. It enables Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) for Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to Machine (M2M) applications and supports Direct or Over The Air (OTA) activation. It comes with the WiMOD LoRaWAN® HCI interface and allows easy configuration. Please refer to the download section.
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities
- Frequency range:SRD Band 863 to 870 MHz
- Modulation:LoRa™ Spread-Spectrum
- RF output power:up to +14 dBm (50Ω pad)
- Receiver sensitivity:-138 dBm (SF 12; SB 125 kHz, CR 4/6)-134 dBm (SF 12; SB 250 kHz, CR 4/6)-128 dBm (SF 12; SB 500 kHz, CR 4/6)
- RF datarate:0.24 to 37.5 kbps50kbps FSK-modulation
- RF range:up to 12000 m (line of sight)
- Operating voltage:1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Current consumption:1.4 μA (module in sleep, RTC running)11.2 mA (Rx)38 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +14 dBm); 29 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +13 dBm)
- Interfaces:UARTSPI*I²C*RF (LoRa™)
- IO's:Digital IOsAnalog Inputs
- Dimension (LxWxH):20 x 25 x 3.3mm
- Operating temperature:-40°C to +85°C
- Certification:Pre-Certified according to ETSI EN 300 220iM881A-M passed the Orange device interoperability test
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|iM881A Datasheet V1.0||(1016.1 KB)|
|iM880x AN011 RangeTest V1_1||(253.5 KB)|
|iM880B AN016 RFSettings V1_1||(492.1 KB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem Feature Spec V1_10||(541.5 KB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem HCI Spec V1_13||(964.4 KB)|
|iM88x AN011 RangeTest V1.1||(568.9 KB)|
|iM880B AN016 RFSettings V1.1||(611.2 KB)|
|LoRaWAN Certification Certificate - IMST GmbH iM881A EU868||(404 KB)|
|LoRaWAN GitHubCode QuickStartGuide||(1.4 MB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem Feature Spec V2.4||(590.1 KB)|
|WiMOD LoRaWAN EndNode Modem HCI Spec V1.22||(985.9 KB)|
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...
Quectel Launches Automotive-grade AG35 Module (IATF 16949 Certification)
AG35 is a series of automotive grade LTE category 4 module developed by Quectel. Designed and manufactured according to IATF 16949:2016 quality management system, it is targeted ...