Long Range Radio Module
The iM880A-L is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 868 MHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M3 controller with the new LoRa™ transceiver SX1272 of Semtech Corporation. A sensitivity of up to -137 dBm and a maximum output power of +19 dBm results in a link budget of more than 156 dB. Even when reducing the output power to +14 dBm ranges beyond 12 km are possible in free space. The iM880A-L is pre-certified according the European R & TTE guideline and can be soldered like an SMD component.
Embedded Software: The iM880A-L can be ordered with a pre-programmed embedded protocol stack in two options:
iM880A-L LR Base:This WiMOD Long Range firmware is a collection of functionalities and applications like Radio Link Test, Sensor App., Data Link Service, etc. embedded in our powerful WiMOD OS operating system. The WiMOD LR HCI interface provides to the user direct access to many radio parameters. Please refer to the download section.
iM880A-L LoRaWAN:The LoRaWAN protocol stack, specified by the LoRa Alliance, is based on IBM’s LMiC and IMST’s WiMOD-OS. It enables Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs) for Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Machine-to Machine (M2M) applications and supports Direct or Over The Air (OTA) activation. It comes with the WiMOD LoRaWAN™ HCI interface and allows easy configuration. Please refer to the download section.
- Maximum output power +19 dBm
- Maximum sensitivity ‑137 dBm
- Range up to 15000 m (LoS)
- Solderable like a SMD component
- 50Ω pad for antenna
- RoHS conform
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities
- Frequency range:SRD Band 863 to 870 MHz
- Modulation:LoRa™ Spread-Spectrum
- RF output power:up to +19 dBm (50Ω pad)
- Receiver sensitivity:-138 dBm (SF 12; SB 125 kHz, CR 4/6)-134 dBm (SF 12; SB 250 kHz, CR 4/6)-128 dBm (SF 12; SB 500 kHz, CR 4/6)
- RF datarate:0.24 to 37.5 kbps
- RF range:up to 15000 m (line of sight)
- Operating voltage:2.4 V to 3.6 V< 2.5 μA (module in sleep, RTC running)
- Current consumption:11 mA (Rx)118 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +19 dBm)
- Interfaces:UARTSPI*I²C*RF (LoRa™)
- IO's:Digital IOsAnalog Inputs
- Dimension (LxWxH):20 x 25 x 2 mm
- Operating temperature:-20°C to +70°C
- Certification:Prequalified according to ETSI EN 300 220
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
Quectel has announced a dual band high precision positioning module based on the Broadcom BCM47755 chipset
Shanghai, Oct 29, 2019 – Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., the leading global supplier of cellular and GNSS modules, announced today that Quectel LC79D has entered into mass ...
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...