WiMOD Radio module
The iM820A is a compact, low power, bidirectional radio module for the 868 MHz frequency band. Using the iM820A in an application minimizes the need for an expensive and timeconsuming RF development. Fast time to market is possible with this pre-qualified module.
The iM820A is a small radio module for the 868 MHz frequency band. It provides a complete RF/MCU design including a transceiver, a microcontroller with AES coprocessor, a PCB antenna, and all necessary passive components. The iM820A has several application interfaces. For a serial communication it provides the serial interfaces UART and SPI. Furthermore it offers 9 digital I/Os (if not using SPI) and 8 GPIOs (only 6 when using the UART). All of them can be used as digital input/output and have external interrupt capability. Additionally the GPIOs can be used as input for the 8-channel ADC.
The module has a 128-bit AES security coprocessor supported in hardware. This allows encryption and decryption of data using the AES algorithm (128-bit keys) with minimal CPU usage. For low power consumption the module supports the capability to periodically wake up from sleep mode to listen for incoming RF packets. The RF data rate of the module is adjustable up to 180 kbps. Decreasing the data rate will increase the sensitivity which results in a longer RF range. To evaluate the radio link quality the iM820A supports a digital RSSI.
Integrated bootloading functionality enables the user to upgrade the firmware over the UART interface.
The module is solderable like a SMD-component and can easily be mounted on a simple carrier board with a minimum of required external connections. It is RoHS compliant and pre-qualified in accordance to ETSI EN 300 220-2 V2.1.2.
- Compact radio module for 868MHz
- Low power consumption, wake on radio (WOR) functionality
- 128-bit AES security coprocessor
- RF data rate from 1.2kbps to 180kbps
- Digital RSSI support
- UART and SPI interface
- Sample applications available
- Bootloading functionality for firmware update
- Solderable like a SMD component
- Integrated antenna or 50Ohm pad
- Software- and pin-compatible to the iM221A
- Security and access systems (wireless locking system)
- Battery driven wireless sensor and actor systems
- Home-, building-, industrial automation
- Remote control
- Metering systems (data logging)
Absolute Maximum Ratings
- Supply voltage-0.3V to VCC +0.3V (Voltage with respect to GND)
- Input voltage-0.3V to VCC +0.3V (Digital pins.)0 to VCC-0.2V (Digital pins.)
- DC current4mA (Per digital pin)20mA (Only radio module pin 14 and pin 15)
- Input RF level+10dBm
- Operating temperature3.3V~ 4.3V , 3.8V Typ.
- Operation Temperature-20 °C to +70 °C
- Storage temperature-40 °C to +85 °C
- Operating supply voltage VCC2.3 to 3.6V, Typ. 3.0V
- Current consumptiontyp. 23mA (Receive)typ. 31mA (Transmit @ max. RF power level 50Ω pin ANT))typ. 34mA (Transmit @ max. RF power level integrated PCB antenna)typ. 5mA (μC active, TRX off)typ. 1μA (Power down)
- Dimension (L x W x H)20 x 25 x 2.7mm, ±0.2mm
- MCU operation frequency26MHz
- Real time oscillator frequency32.768kHz
- Memory (Flash)32KB (Minimum endurance: 1000 write/erase cycles)
- Memory (RAM)4KB
Module Interface Characteristics
- Digital output voltageVCC-0.25V to VCC (High level)GND to 0.3V (Low level)
- Digital input voltage0.7V x VCC to VCC (High level)GND to 0.3V x VCC (Low level)
- I/O pin pull-up/pull-down resistor20kΩ (Except pin 14 and pin 15)
- Pulse width on /RESET pinmin. 250ns (Low active pin)
- Power-On-Reset (POR) threshold1.5V (Rising edge)0.9V (Falling edge)
- UART baud ratetyp. 38.4kbps (Further data rates are available on demand)
- SPI baud ratemax. 3250kbps
- ADC resolution7 to 12Bit
- ADC conversion time20 to 132μs (Depends on ADC resolution (68 μs @ 10 bit resolution)
- ADC input resistance197kΩ
- Analog int. reference voltage (Vref)1.25V
- Analog input voltageGND to Vref
- Frequency range863 to 870MHz
- RF data rateup to 180kbps
- RF output powermax. +4dBm (e.i.r.p.) (With integrated PCB antenna)max. +7dBm (Measured at 50Ω (pin ANT))
- RF output power range40dB
- RF sensitivity (PCB antenna / 50Ω)typ. -104/-110dBm (1.2kbps data rate / 1% PER)typ. -96/-102dBm (38.4kbps data rate / 1% PER)typ. -88/-94dBm (180kbps data rate / 1% PER)
- Modulation techniquesGFSK
- RangeUp to 1100m (Outdoor (line of sight) with external antenna (0dBi) on pin ANT)
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|iM820A Datasheet V2.1||(827.4 KB)|
|iM820A Flyer V1.1||(178.7 KB)|
|WiMODDLL Spec V1.3||(167.9 KB)|
|WiMODHCI Spec V0.9||(356.5 KB)|
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...
Quectel Launches Automotive-grade AG35 Module (IATF 16949 Certification)
AG35 is a series of automotive grade LTE category 4 module developed by Quectel. Designed and manufactured according to IATF 16949:2016 quality management system, it is targeted ...