Long Range Radio Module
The iM282A-L is a compact and low-cost radio module that operates in the unlicensed 2.4 GHz band and combines a powerful Cortex-M3 controller with the new ultra long range transceiver SX1280 of Semtech Corporation. It has been specifically designed for battery driven applications and is able to achieve without any additional amplifiers a LoS range of more than 12 km. Please refer to the corresponding Application Note.
The WiMOD LR Base Plus firmware provides LoRa®-modem functionalities which allows to implement proprietary and cost sensitive radio networks with typical topologies like peer-to-peer and star configurations. The embedded radio protocol stack offers unacknowledged and acknowledged radio packet exchange with optional encryption and automatic power saving for battery driven applications.
Besides the modem services the firmware includes some example features which are typical for the application area of this LoRa® radio modules: a tiny sensor application which demonstrates a periodic sensor data transmission and a remote control with digital input/output via radio link.
Finally the supporting software provides two analyzing tools, which are helpful in developing radio based applications:
- Radio Link Test application which allows to analyze the radio link quality for different LoRa® radio settings by means of the typical metrics Packet RSSI, Packet SNR and Packet Error Rate
- Radio Packet Sniffer which forwards received radio packets
- Automated Meter Reading
- Home and Building Automation
- Wireless Alarm and Security Systems
- Industrial Monitoring and Control
- Long Range Irrigation Systems
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- Smart Cities
- Frequency range:SRD Band 2.4 GHz
- Modulation:LoRa®, FLRC, (G) FSK
- RF output power:up to +12 dBm (50Ω pad)
- Receiver sensitivity:LoRa:-130 dBm (SF 12; SB 203 kHz, CR 4/6)-127 dBm (SF 12; SB 406 kHz, CR 4/6)-126 dBm (SF 12; SB 812 kHz, CR 4/6)-120 dBm (SF 12; SB 1,625 kHz, CR 4/6)
- RF datarate:476 bps to 2.3 Mbpsdepending on modulation and settings
- RF range:up to 12 000 m (Line of Sight)
- Operating voltage:1.8 V to 3.6 V
- Current consumption:0.8 µA (module in sleep, RTC off)2 μA (module in sleep, RTC running)9 mA (Rx, MCU sleep)34 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +12 dBm, MCU sleep)25 mA (Tx @ 3.0 V/ +8 dBm, MCU sleep)
- Interfaces:UART (default)SPI*I²C*
- IO's:Digital IOsAnalog Inputs
- Dimension (LxWxH):20 x 25 x 3.3 mm
- Operating temperature:-40°C to +85°C
- Certification:Pre-Certified according to RED
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|iM282A Datasheet V1.0||(859.7 KB)|
|iM282A AN023 RangeTest V1.0||(900.9 KB)|
|iM282A AN024 FirmwareUpdate V1.0||(547.1 KB)|
|WiMOD LR Base Plus Feature Spec V1.1||(349.8 KB)|
|WiMOD LR Base Plus HCI Spec V1.2||(1.3 MB)|
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
Quectel has announced a dual band high precision positioning module based on the Broadcom BCM47755 chipset
Shanghai, Oct 29, 2019 – Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., the leading global supplier of cellular and GNSS modules, announced today that Quectel LC79D has entered into mass ...
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...