ZigBee Wireless Module for different ISM Bands
The iM222A is a compact, pre-certified, IEEE 802.15.4 compliant radio module for the globally available 2.4 GHz ISM band. It has a transceiver, a microcontroller, and a PCB antenna and can be soldered directly on the target hardware like conventional SMD components. To connect an external antenna the module is also available with a 50Ω pad.
The iM222A is preprogrammed with the ZigBee Network Processor (ZNP) firmware, and thus offers the possibility of an easy-to-use API to integrate (either via UART or SPI) full ZigBee PRO networking functionality to an existing product. No deep understanding of the ZigBee stack or lengthy introduction to the software is required. With less than 10 commands a complete ZigBee network can be developed and managed via one of the interfaces, either UART or SPI. The ZigBee Network Processor firmware is part of the Z-stack package (version 2.4.0) firmware from Texas Instruments and is freely available.
Own ZigBee applications based on the Z-Stack from Texas Instruments can easily be integrated. IMST GmbH offers development services for ZigBee as well as for other standards (IEEE 802.15.4, 6LoWPAN, RF4CE etc.) and proprietary solutions.
With the well tested and pre-certified iM222A integration of ZigBee functionality and other 2.4 GHz wireless standards is easily possible in your application. This optimizes time-to-market, reduces risks and costs.
The iM222A provides with the ZigBee Network Processor (ZNP) firmware a full ZigBee stack implementation (Z-Stack from Texas Instruments). The actual ZigBee application itself is running on any kind of host processor and registers itself only to the ZigBee processor of the iM222A to obtain access to the ZigBee functionality. Thus, it is possible to use the ZigBee networking functionality of the iM222A, without the need to implement and certifiy a ZigBee standard application profile.
The complete description of the interface and configuration of the module is described in the document "CC2530ZNP Specification.pdf Interface" (see ) which is part of the ZigBee stack package of Texas Instruments. On basis of the Z-stack and the pre-certified iM222A it is possible to easily develop customer specific ZigBee PRO applications. All programming interfaces are described in the data sheet.
For a fast start-up a Starter Kit will be available, with which the functions and range of application of the iM222A as well as the Z-stack from Texas Instruments can be evaluated.
- RF module operating in the 2.4 GHz ISM Band
- IEEE 802.15.4 compliant hardware platform
- ZigBee Network Processor firmware
- Easy interfacing via UART or SPI
- Configurable output power up to 4.5dBm
- 256 kB Flash, 8 kB RAM
- 12-bit ADC
- 128-bit AES support
- Different network topologies (Mesh-, Clustertree-, Star-Network)
- AODV, Many-To-One and Source-Routing
- Bootloader functionality
- Small footprint, solderable like a SMD component
- Integrated PCB antenna or 50Ω pad for external antenna
- RoHS conform
- 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.15.4 systems
- ZigBee PRO systems
- Energy efficient sensor networks
- RF remote control and RF4CE systems
- Smart Metering applications
- Home-, building-, industrial automation
- Health care applications
- Consumer electronic
- Frequency range:2405 MHz to 2480 MHz
- RF channels:16
- Modulation:O-QPSK, DSSS
- RF output power:typ. 4.5 dBm (50Ω pad)
- Receiver sensitivity:typ. -97 dBm @ PER < 1 %
- RF datarate:250 kbps
- Range:up to 500 m (line of sight)
- Supply voltage:2.3 V to 3.6 V
- Current consumption:typ. 24.3 mA (RX)typ. 33.5 mA (TX @ 4.5 dBm)typ. 1 µA (PM2, 32kHz Quarz active)typ. 0.4 µA (PM3)
- IO's:19 IOs* / **
- Interfaces:8-channel 12 Bit ADC*5-channel DMA*4 Timer*UART (max. 115.2 kBaud, RTS/CTS flow control)SPI (up to 4 Mbps)RF (IEEE 802.15.4)
- Dimension (LxWxH):20 x 25 x 5 mm
- Operating temperature:-20°C up to +70°C
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|iM222A Datasheet V2.2||(700.5 KB)|
|iM222A AN006 SW-Development V1.2||(784.8 KB)|
|iM222A Flyer V1.0||(517.5 KB)|
|iM222A-ZNP Datasheet V2.2||(654.1 KB)|
LoRa Lite Gateway
Long Range RadioLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- RF power: up to +20 dBm
- Sensitivity: down to -138 dBm
- Platform: Evaluation and demonstration
M-Bus Wireless Module for different ISM bandsLearn more >
- Frequency: 868 MHz
- Range: up to 3000 m
- RF data rate: 4.8/32.768/100 kbps
- Compliant to EN 13757-4
Quectel has announced a dual band high precision positioning module based on the Broadcom BCM47755 chipset
Shanghai, Oct 29, 2019 – Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd., the leading global supplier of cellular and GNSS modules, announced today that Quectel LC79D has entered into mass ...
The new generation of Smart LTE Cat 6 modules
SC600T/SC600Y is Quectel’s new generation of multi-mode Smart LTE Cat 6 module with built-in Android 9.0 OS. Based on Qualcomm octa-core and 64-bit high-performance processors wi...
Quectel announces the release of MC90
Quectel Wireless Solutions, the leading global supplier of Internet of Things (IoT) modules, today announces the release of MC90, a quad-band GSM/GPRS/GNSS/Wi-Fi module. The new ...