Extremely Compact GNSS Module with Chip Antenna
L96 is a concurrent multi-GNSS receiver module with embedded chip antenna. With 33 tracking channels, 99 acquisition channels and 210 PRN channels, L96 can acquire and track any mix of GPS, GLONASS, Galileo and QZSS signals. The built-in LNA provides the module with better performance under weak signal areas. The embedded chip antenna reduces the total size of customers’ applications. To meet varied application demands, L96 also provides an external antenna interface.
Compared with using GPS only, enabling multiple GNSS systems generally increases the number of visible satellites, reduces the time to first fix and increases positioning accuracy, especially when driving in rough urban environments.
Combining advanced AGPS called EASY™ (Embedded Assist System) and proven AlwaysLocate™ technology, L96 fully meets the industrial standard and provides greatly reduced TTFF and ultra-low power consumption. EASY™ technology allows L96 to calculate and predict orbits automatically using the ephemeris data (up to 3 days) stored in internal flash memory, so the module can fix position quickly even at indoor signal levels with low power consumption. With AlwaysLocate™ technology, L96 can adaptively adjust the ON/OFF time to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption according to the environmental and motional conditions.
Its super performance makes L96 ideal for automotive, industrial and consumer applications. Extremely low power consumption makes it easier to be applied to power sensitive devices, especially portable applications.
- Ultra-compact size: 14.0 × 9.6 × 2.5mm
- Multi-GNSS engine for GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo and QZSS
- Built-in LNA for better sensitivity
- Support EASY™, advanced AGPS technology without the need of any external memory
- AlwaysLocate™, an intelligent algorithm for power saving
- Ultra low tracking power consumption: 22mA
- LOCUS, embedded logger function without the need of host or any external flash
- Offer 99 acquisition/33 tracking channels and up to 210PRN channels
- Support DGPS/SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
- Great anti-jamming performance due to multi-tone active interference canceller
- Balloon mode, for high altitude up to 80km
- PPS VS. NMEA can be used in time service
- Support SDK command developed by Quectel
GPS L1 C/A: 1575.42MHz GLONASS L1 C/A: 1602.5625MHz
- Channel Numbers33 Tracking Channels99 Acquisition Channels210 PRN Channels
- SBASWAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN
- Horizontal Position AccuracyAutonomous: <2.5m CEP
- Velocity AccuracyWithout Aid: <0.1m/s
- Acceleration AccuracyWithout Aid: <0.1m/s²
- Timing Accuracy≤10ns
- TTFF @-130dBm with EASY™:Cold Start: <15sWarm Start: <5sHot Start: <1s
- TTFF @-130dBm without EASY™Cold Start: <35sWarm Start: <30sHot Start: <1s
- SensitivityAcquisition: -148dBmTracking: -165dBmReacquisition: -160dBm
- Dynamic PerformanceMaximum Altitude: Max. 18000mMaximum Velocity: Max. 515m/sMaximum Acceleration: 4G
- I2C InterfaceMax. bit rate up to 400kbps
- UART InterfaceAdjustable: 4800bps~115200bpsDefault: 9600bpsUpdate Rate: 1Hz (Default), up to 10HzI/O Voltage: 2.7V~2.9V
- External Antenna InterfaceAntenna Type: Passive or ActiveAntenna Power Supply: External
- Receiving Bands*
- Power Supply2.8~4.3V, typ. 3.3V
- Power Consumption @Acquisition22mA @3.3V, -130dBm (GPS)25mA @3.3V, -130dBm (GPS+GLONASS)
- Power Consumption @Tracking20mA @3.3V, -130dBm (GPS)20mA @3.3V, -130dBm (GPS+GLONASS)
- Power Saving Modes2.8mA @AlwaysLocate™7uA @Backup Mode500uA @Standby Mode3.7mA @Periodic Mode**
- Temperature Range-40°C ~ +85°C
- Dimension14.0 × 9.6 × 2.5mm
- Weightapprox. 0.6g
- ProtocolsNMEA 0183/PMTK
- * GPS+GLONASS is the default GNSS configuration
- ** Average power consumption under periodic mode of 3s tracking mode & 12s standby mode
Adobe Reader 9 or newer version is required to view following below PDF files. This is a free program available from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe web site to get your copy of Adobe Reader.
|Quectel L96 GNSS Specification V1.0||(1.1 MB)|
|Quectel L96 EVB User Guide V1.0||(1.7 MB)|
|Quectel L96 GNSS Presentation V1.0||(2.9 MB)|
|Quectel L96 GNSS Protocol Specification V1.0||(924.7 KB)|
|Quectel L96 Hardware Design V1.2||(833.6 KB)|
|Quectel L96 Reference Design Rev.A 20171019||(353.7 KB)|
|Quectel L96 Firmware Release Notes V0101SC||(743.3 KB)|
Quectel Launches Automotive-grade AG35 Module (IATF 16949 Certification)
AG35 is a series of automotive grade LTE category 4 module developed by Quectel. Designed and manufactured according to IATF 16949:2016 quality management system, it is targeted ...
Extremely Compact GNSS L96 Module with Chip Antenna
L96 is a concurrent multi-GNSS receiver module with embedded chip antenna. With 33 tracking channels, 99 acquisition channels and 210 PRN channels, L96 supports concurrent recept...
Quectel BG96 Launch Announcement
BG96 is a multi-mode LTE Cat-M1&Cat-NB1&EGPRS Module based on Qualcomm 9x06 chipset. It supports a maximum data rate of 375kbps in the downlink and features ultra-low power consu...